You want to be able to plan, monitor and adjust the entire logistic process from the receipt of raw materials, via the registration of semi products and finished products, up to the extradition. Both in the office and on the production floor. Microsoft Dynamics AX is particularly strong in the area of Supply Chain Management. The solution will fully cover your business processes, with the addition of food-specific functionality in SI Foodware AX.
Microsoft Dynamics AX default functionality:
- Intercompany stock demand and management: Full management of your supply chain across all your locations. Ensure resource availability and inform your customers with the help of advanced delivery schedules.
Supplemented with SI Foodware AX functionality:
- EDI: Exchange standardized electronic messages with customers and suppliers. Manual or automated batch shipments. Standard messages in SI Foodware AX 2012: ORDER, APERAK, DESADV and INVOICE. Including Back hauling, Cross-Docking and Returnable Packaging. Specific EDI messages on demand. Descartes is the preferred EDI partner of SI Foodware.
- Best Before (BB) Check: register customer and vendor specific best before dates. Monitor the agreed expiration dates of incoming and outgoing goods. Ensure that products are picked based on the shortest expiration date of delivery (FEFO).
- Returnable Packaging: Complete transparency in relation to available and outstanding packaging. Automatically acquit returnable packaging costs with purchase and sales orders.
- RF scanning and SSCC labels: Registration of raw materials, semi products, finished products, pallets and any type of carrier in the warehouse as well as in the production plant.